37 Quick Tips For Effective Business Signage
1. Install your building signage in a visible location so people can truly read it.
2. Use modern signage materials to enhance overall aesthetics and draw attention.
3. Appeal to impulse buyers by emphasising sales, bargains and special deals.
4. Match the signage to your current branding colours and themes.
5. Purchase your business signage through a boutique printer, like Global Signs, to support local business.
6. Try acrylic signs, laser cut signs, billboard signs or pull up banners to make an impact.
7. Pair your factory signs with your external building signs to present consistency.
8. Steal attention with bold colours and dramatic words.
9. Keep it simple and don’t overcomplicate the sign with too much text.
10. Get inspiration from reputable companies and organisations in your industry.
11. Consider mobile advertising, like vehicle decals, as a contemporary method of advertising on the go.
12. Be inspired by other companies, but don’t copy or steal.
13. Remember that less is more when it comes to business signage.
14. Add a border or margins to your sign to increase readability.
15. Use fun and relatable images and graphics.
16. Only apply fonts and type styles that clean, crispy and easy to read.
17. Store and clean your signs as per instructions from the Sydney signage company to expand their longevity.
18. Avoid clutter by limiting the amount of graphics and text on the sign.
19. Don’t cheapen your brand with a complicated sign.
20. Seek professional advice from signage companies Sydney and expert printers.
21. Proof your sign several types for errors and mistakes.
22. Consider how suitable the tone is considering the unique industry you operate within.
23. Be unique and make every effort to stand out amongst the crowd.
24. Emphasise your location and contact details so they will be memorable for readers.
25. Don’t install a sign if there are obstructions that will limit legibility.
26. Choose a colour scheme that is cohesive and modern.
27. Contrast the background and text colour to improve readability.
28. Illuminate your sign to draw attention at all hours of the day.
29. Make an effort to replace old signs when they start to show evidence of wear and tear.
30. Avoid installing new signs on top of old signage.
31. Limit reputational damage by immediately replacing signage if it has become unsafe or presents a hazard.
32. Buy good quality pull up banners, billboards signs, laser cut signs and acrylic signs so they can provide long term usage.
33. Get creative by enquiring about floor graphics, wall decals and suspended signs.
34. Use extra sturdy and reliable signage materials outdoors to protect it against adverse weather.
35. Have a team of signage professionals install your new signage safely and responsibly.
36. Take advantage of high traffic areas by placing majority of your signage in these areas.
37. Chat to the Global Signs team to get more tailored tips and advice!